WhatsApp cache: why do you need to clear it frequently? This is the question of many users of the application, who come across expressions like “cache” and “memory data” in web searches. As WhatsApp is one of the most popular apps in Brazil, users should pay attention to the main features of the app and the necessary precautions to maintain “health” and safety on the platform.
Currently, WhatsApp is present in the lives of millions of Brazilians, who often use the application to chat with friends, connect with family members, join fun groups and even work. In this way, we show below everything you need to know about the WhatsApp cache: find out what it is, why it is important to clean it often, the benefits of cleaning and complete step by step to do it.
WhatsApp is the third most popular app in Brazil
Currently, the WhatsApp is the third most popular app in Brazilsecond only to Facebook and YouTube and surpassing hits like Instagram, Twitter and TikTok.
Originally created in 2009, WhatsApp is now run by Mark Zuckerberg’s company Meta. which also controls Facebook and Instagram
Currently, WhatsApp has more than 2 billion active users worldwide. In Brazil, according to 2022 data, the application has more than 165 million subscribers – representing more than 95% of the national population.
See also: BIG changes are coming to WhatsApp – stay tuned!
What is WhatsApp cache?
“Cache” is an expression in English that is used to identify files (both applications and browsers) which are temporarily archivedon Apple smartphones (with iOS) and on Android phones.
These files act as a sort of “fast memory” to your smartphone, simplifying access to mobile applications.
Think: When you log into Instagram, for example, files referencing posts are cached. This way, if you log back into the app, you will not need to upload the same files again.
With cached files, apps load faster, thus saving users’ mobile data.
Cache, therefore, aims to make life easier for smartphone users – but on the other hand, it brings some bad consequences for mobile phones.
Which apps store the most caches?
The most popular apps on the internet – such as WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook – they are also the apps that tend to store the most cache.
After all, these applications rely on content that needs to be loaded (or reloaded) constantly, like Stories, photos in the feed, saved statuses and much more.
Browsers like Google Chrome and Safarithey also tend to store a huge amount of cache.
Why is it worth clearing the WhatsApp cache?
clear whatsapp cache (and other applications) is essential for anyone who wants to keep their smartphone healthy, working with all its features.
In the end, the cache fills up the phone’s memory with unnecessary itemswhich can prevent the installation of new applications and the storage of photos, videos and other types of content that users really need.
When a smartphone has full memory, it becomes unstable, which can have even more serious consequences for users.
With this in mind, check below the main benefits of clearing the cache of WhatsApp and other applications:
- Open the phone memory: By clearing the cache, you delete all unnecessary files, making room on your phone for what really matters;
- Working apps: When you clear the cache of a malfunctioning app, the platform will usually work again;
- Information protection: In cleaning the browser cache, you delete the information entered in the forms and in this way, it makes it difficult for hackers and scammers;
How to clear WhatsApp cache on Android
Clearing the WhatsApp cache is essential both for those who own Apple smartphones and for users of mobile phones with the Android operating system.
That’s why there are two different tutorials: one for Apple devices and the other for Android phones.
We show below the Complete step by step you must follow to clear WhatsApp cache on Android; to watch!
- In your mobile’s menu, access the “Settings” option;
- Then click on “applications” (or apps, depending on the mobile model or device language);
- Choose the “See all applications” option (the message may be different, depending on each device);
- At that moment, you will see the complete list with all the factory apps and the apps you have installed;
- Find WhatsApp in the list;
- Click on it;
- You will be redirected to the app page on your mobile phone;
- Click on the “Storage & Cache” (or Storage & Cache) option;
- On the next page, click on “empty cache”;
- Ready! At that point, the application cache will be completely deleted. On the page, you can also check the total size of the stored cache.
It is worth mentioning that, when expanding the mobile memory, it is not recommended to click on the “clean space”. This option excludes logins and passwords, which can make it difficult to access applications.
See also: The new FEATURE of WhatsApp can be very beneficial for users; know what it is
How to Clear iPhone WhatsApp Cache?
Now that you know how to clear WhatsApp cache on Android devices, it’s time to show you how to clean Apple smartphones with iOS.
straight! The process of clearing the cache on the iPhone does not take place in the Settings of the mobile phone, but in WhatsApp itself.
The step by step is valid for all iPhone versions. Check below the Complete tutorial to clear WhatsApp cache on Apple devices:
- Open WhatsApp on your mobile phone;
- Access the “settings” option in the application itself”;
- On the next page, choose the “Data and storage” option;
- Then tap “Storage usage”;
- Ready! From there, click “empty cache”.
If you want to delete duplicate content and conversations individually, the iOS also has a specific tool for just that.
#WhatsApp #cache #CLEANED #frequently